Facility Operations requires a two-week minimum notice on all electronic work order requests that pertain to rearranging furniture and/or complete office moves. When a particular move involves a large number of items or multiple offices, a moving contractor will be hired to perform the work. Facility Operations will coordinate this activity, passing along the related charges to the requesting department. Facility Operations will furnish specific moving instructions, and arrange for boxes, tape, etc., in advance of the scheduled move.
- Submit a work order for boxes and tape.
- Advise Network and Telecommunications of your upcoming move.
- Pack all boxes full to the top and seal.
- Label ALL items CLEARLY for designated destination including furniture, chairs, etc.
- Try to stack all boxes in a room where they will be out of the way.
- When packed properly, the movers can carry more, thus saving trips back and forth to the truck.
- Disconnect lamps, computers, etc. and roll up the electric cord on each one.
- Remove lampshades from lamps.
- Do not wrap pictures, flat glass or mirrors. (This way the movers will know what they are handling and how to handle it).
- Five (5) drawer lateral file cabinets must have the two top drawers emptied and then locked. Vertical file cabinets may be moved full as long as they are locked.
- Make sure that the desk is completely emptied and remove all breakable items from top of the desk.
- Before you lock all file cabinets, make sure that you have a key. (If not, Facility Operations can make a copy; just provide them with the number found on the lock).
- Please make sure that the schematic for the new area/office is clear on placement of all items from the former office. This should be attached to the new space door.
- Computers/phones are the occupant's responsibility to coordinate through Networks and Telecommunications for unhooking and reconnecting.